Friday, January 26, 2007

It's the Real Thi....

I am about to follow the lead of other downsizers. After several years of being unable to finish a full can of caffeine-free Diet Coke in one sitting (leaving the remnants in the fridge for the next day or even two days does not faze me any more, in fact I have actually developed a taste verging on a preference for the less carbonated version of the brown syrup) I am about to switch to those pee wee "half-cans", price be damned. Oops. Maybe not price be damned, I never thought of that. Unlike a wee thrifty person like me.

Okay, check that. Ahem. If the price is comparable or there's any advantage (in addition to the consumption issue) then I'll stick with it. The new pee wee cans that is.

But if not...hey, that less-carbonated syrup...well I have developed a taste for it. And that's not easy with Diet Coke. An acquired taste for such a maligned, disliked beverage.

It's certainly not like some exotic foreign delicacy where you can brag about it like "I had some wicked calamari last night" or "Chez Rudy served me the best snails I've ever had in my life!" It's Diet Coke.

But...I'll try the pee wee's and if that doesn't work, it's back to the "grazing" approach.

This is what passes for excitement in my life these days. When I worked in radio they warned us about February. Okay it's January 25th but we're close. I'll put the month in the fridge for a week like a half-consumed can of caffeine-free Diet Coke..

Just having an Andy Rooney moment...

No comments: